Friday, May 25, 2012

Give yourself some credit.

This week has been beyond stressful. I decided to take a training course through work on Accounting for Bankers, and since I didn't think Banking would be my profession while in college I didn't take any business classes, so I was the newbie! This accounting course was basically a college class slammed into 3 days with a 15 page test at the end! Studying and homework has been a foreign concept to me since graduating (3 1/2 years ago, I know I am old) so needless to say my brain still hurts.
The test was yesterday & it was really hard (oh, except for those 2 guys in my class that finished it in literally 10 minutes!) I was the 2nd to last person to finish and when I took it in to our instructor to correct I was positive I had failed! To my utter shock I actually passed with a 95 out of 100. To say I was relieved would be an understatement. I proceeded to call everyone I knew to let them know the fabulous news and no one seemed as shocked as I was...So it got me thinking.

We need to stop every now and again and give ourselves some credit!

 
I definitely struggle with this! I push myself to limits on everything I do, almost always stressing myself out over nothing! I automatically assume the worst, when in all actuality I should realize that I am a strong, smart, hardworking person and if I am putting forth the effort things will usually work out.
I think as Women we don't give ourselves enough credit! We are pretty dang awesome & can do anything we put our minds to! I hope I can be a better example of this not only to myself but to those around me, especially my little sister Grace! I see all of the struggles that girls have to face nowadays and it is so much harder than it was when I was her age! She is so beautiful and talented at everything she does, but for some reason she does not believe it and it breaks my heart! I hope she will realize her strength and beauty and that she can be confident in herself and know that she can accomplish anything she sets out to do!

So to all of you BEAUTIFUL women out there, give your self a pat on the back! I think you are amazing and I hope you see it too! ♥

1 comment: