Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 Recap

2011 was a really good year. I feel like it went by way too quick, but I am so grateful for all of the fun, hard, challenging experiences I was able to experience!

First of all I was able to start a new job in March. I am still working for Zions bank, but I am now working in the Private Banking department Downtown. It has been such an amazing change!  I actually enjoy going into work and it is nice to have a boss that acknowledges the hard work that I do for once! It has been one of the best decisions I have made! This is the view that I get to look at everyday! Who wouldn't love that?!
Also in March, Grace and I had the life changing experience of going to the Lady Gaga concert in Salt Lake City. ( I am still not certain if it was the best decision on my part to take my 11 year old sister ) It was by far one of the craziest, most entertaining concerts I have ever been to. I have never seen so many "interesting" people all in one place in my entire life! Definitely won't be forgetting that!
In May I made the big decision to go through the Temple and receive my endowments. This was a very big decision for me, and one that I had been contemplating for a long time. I had always imagined myself going through for my first time right before I got married. But I just had a feeling that I could not shake that this was the right time for me to go through. I am SO glad that I did. I have learned so much and have had so many wonderful blessings brought to my life because of that decision. It is an amazing feeling to go into the Lord's house and feel his spirit, and I am so glad that I can now make that a regular piece of my life! My testimony has grown tremendously and it makes me so excited for what lies ahead!

In June my family took a road trip to San Francisco. With Scott & Sadie getting married the next month, and Jordan not around it turned out to only be my parents, Grace and I. We had such a blast and us girls definitely kept my dad on his toes. He now refers to the 4 of us as "Just us girls?" Haha but I really don't think he would have it any other way! 
 The beach was always FREEZING but we had to go anyways! It was too beautiful to stay away!
 With the queens of scrapbooking, my dad got dragged to all the typical touristy spots so we could take pictures!
 While we were there we were able to go to a Giants Baseball game, did plenty of shopping, and even took the train to Oakland when we were actually trying to go up the street a couple of blocks. (I take full responsibility, California's train system is WAY more complicated than NYC's subways!)

The following month in July my cute brother Scott got married to Sadie! They had a beautiful ceremony up at the Logan temple and then a reception back in Kaysville. I am so happy for them and the fun life they have created together! We love adding 1 more girl to our family! 

In October I turned the ripe ol' age of 26! I still cannot believe it. When I think back to when I was in high school etc. I never would have guessed that I would be where I am today. I thought for sure that I would be married, with kids...blah blah blah. But I am really grateful for the way my life has turned out! I have been able to experience and see so many amazing things that never would have happened if things had turned out the way I expected them to! 
In October I was expecting to start working at the Jazz games again, but the NBA players decided that they wanted to make more money so I got stuck not working until December because of the lockout! It was kind of nice to have an extra 2 months to relax, but I am glad that my busy schedule is back in full swing! 

December was probably one of my favorite months! My dad and I took a road trip to Denver to see the Denver Broncos play agains (My Team) The New England Patriots! It was my very first NFL game and it was one of the funnest things I have ever done! We were so lucky and had amazing 60 degree weather for the game, and I was lucky because my team WON! We had awesome seats and no beer was thrown on me for cheering for the other team! It was a very successful weekend! 
All in all 2011 was a really great year! I am so thankful for all of my family and friends who were there to support me in everything! I cannot wait to see what this new year has in store! 

1 comment:

  1. your blog is way to cute! congrats on the job and san fran looks like so much fun! xo

    C | www.linenandleaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete