Friday, January 13, 2012

Dating vs. Job Interview

The more I date the more I find similarities between dating and job interviews! You can officially call me the 'Queen of Blind Dates' because that is apparently the only kind of dating I do. In Utah it seems like if you are over the age of 21 and not married something must be wrong...and heaven forbid you are 26 and still single! (*GASP*) I have officially become the 'project' among relatives, friends, and co-workers who are all married. It is now their duty to find people to set me up with! At first I was a little offended, but now my theory is "what could it hurt? At the very least it is a free meal!"

Before every blind date I go on I find myself running through the questions that he could ask me & rehearsing what the best answer might be! I also do this as I am waiting in the lobby for a job interview.

Possible Date Question: What do you like to do for fun?
Answer: I like to be outdoors & go 4-wheeling (as long as I am not out there for very long & there is running water wherever we are), I love to scrapbook, I like to just hang out with friends (In my sweats, after a day full of shopping) blah blah blah.

Interview Question: What are your best qualities?
Answer: I am a hard worker, trustworthy, fast learner...(the list can go on)

For some reason it seems MUCH easier to answer the Job Interview questions. When did dating become more stressful than finding a job? Why don't I feel like I can just be myself and tell him that I don't really like camping because I really like to wash my hair and use a normal bathroom? Haha, but instead I feel like I have to impress him by having similar hobbies etc. What happens when it works out and he realizes I am not the granola girl he thought I was?

Moral of the story is the more I worry about these small things in dating the more stressful it becomes! I have decided that from now on I am going to be no one but myself & if he doesn't like it and doesn't ask me out again then that is his prerogative! I have been on a few dates since making this discovery and it is refreshing how much more fun I have on dates! My life is full of amazing people and work that I love! If he doesn't want to be a part of that then I guess it is his loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment