Friday, December 14, 2012

perilous times

I can't help but be grateful for everything that I have and for every wonderful person in my life! It is days like this that really put everything into perspective! My heart literally aches for all of those affected by the horrible tragedy in Newtown CT today! How someone can go into a class full of kindergartners and shoot them is way beyond any comprehension that I have! Sweet innocent lives were taken so brutally and all I can do is pray for their families! 

The world just seems to get scarier and scarier. Evil seems to be lurking in every corner and not even sweet innocent children are safe. It terrifies me to have children someday! If this is what the world is like right now, I can't even imagine how it is going to be when I have a family of my own! This all comes at a very ironic time because I have been preparing for my Relief Society lesson this Sunday that just so happens to be on Righteous Living in Perilous Times! I don't think anyone can prepare or be immune to something as horrific as happened today, but having the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life brings me great comfort and hope for the future! President George Albert Smith quotes this in my lesson "Though the world may be filled with distress, and the heavens gather blackness, and the vivid lightnings flash, and the earth quake from center to circumference, if we know that God lives, and our lives are righteous, we will be happy, there will be peace unspeakable because we know our Father approves [of] our lives."

What more can we ask for in this life than to be happy and to have peace?
I have never been more grateful to know that even in a world full of evil I can create for myself a place where the Spirit can come and where those around me can also feel of it's love and support! I am so grateful for the amazing family and friends that I get to surround myself with every single day and for their wonderful examples and love, I honestly do not know what I would do without any of them!

Remember to keep your loved ones close and tell them
how much you love them! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment